Life in the Covid-Pause…there are still so many unknowns, frustrations and questions. Steve and I are struggling to make the best possible decisions with the information we’ve gleaned from our many conversations with our CDC and HHS departments. We’re assessing our options through a lens of priorities: 1. How can we optimize and protect the health of everyone connected with Searsport Shores? 2. How can we stay financially stable until we have adequate testing and the protection of a vaccine that will allow us to return to “normal”? and 3. Where can we find balance and joy in the reality we’re currently living?
Camping is inherently a safe activity. Most of the time we’re outdoors unless we’re sleeping. RV’s offer each family their own bathroom and kitchen facilities. Social distancing isn’t a problem. We’ve decided to start our artist in residence program the last week of July when the weather is warm enough to work in the sunshine. We’ve arranged the seating at the bandstand so that we can start having our music under the stars on July 1st.
With the understanding that new information will inform and change our policies, we’ve decided to adopt the following Reservation Strategies that we believe will fit our priorities best:
(1) To allow us flexibility within the campground and to offer our guests extra space between campsites, we will only be accepting new reservations for 7 nights or more. If you already have a reservation, we will honor it. By reducing the number of guests in the park, we will be able to keep at least 50′ of breathing space between campsites.
(2) For June and July we will only be accepting self-contained RV reservations because we have decided to close down the toilet portion of our bathhouse (our outhouses and Porta-Potties will remain open). We know that studies have not been conclusive yet but there is compelling evidence that the virus can become airborne when the toilet is flushed. For our well ventilated showers, we’ll be keeping the doors locked. There will be a key system and with the key we’ll give you a bottle of disinfectant that campers can use before and after the showers. Our laundry facilities will be accessible. We’re becoming experts on foggers and expect to shut the building down regularly and treat the entire building with a kill Covid mist. We will be taking our cues from the CDC and modifying our policies throughout the summer.
(3) We are in the process of building an outdoor kiosk for check-in when you arrive…and will provide an e-mail check in form to your telephone rather than share a pen. We are requesting that all advanced reservations be paid by check so that payment is unnecessary at check in. For those who wish to pre-pay for firewood, we can calculate that into your camping fees when we make the reservation.
(4) YEAH! We’re extending our off season rates for non-oceanfront campsites through June 30!! June 1- June 30 Rate Chart for a bronze campsite (30 amp/water/1 free pump out) week: $368 BONUS, for stays of ten or more nights we will pump out your holding tanks twice each week at no additional cost. two week: $737 month: $1638. season: $4700. Upgrades are available at additional costs.
We promise to stay in touch and look forward to hearing from you. My next task is to try and figure out how to do a mass-mailing so watch your e-mail box in case I’m successful. In the meantime, stay well, stay safe and by all means,