I love these April days filled with sleet, freezing rain, heavy gray skies and cold winds. I mean, why not? Here are a few reasons why this weather is the most marvelous we could possibly hope for:
- The daffodils won’t blossom until Memorial Day…so things will look prettier when the campers are here to celebrate
- I have the opportunity to stay indoors and celebrate paper/computer work tasks without being resentful of those whose job descriptions force them to work outdoors
- There are no waiting lines in any of the restaurants or stores because no one’s around
- The Lupine will bloom in late June…right beside the peonies
- The telephone doesn’t interrupt my thoughts because nobody’s thinking about camping when the windows steam up from a pot of spaghetti
- It’s possible to use the words “sucky”, “cold”, “raw” and “pissyass” all in the same sentence and everyone nods in agreement
- I never drive off the road ’cause the mud ruts hold me right on track
- My skin stays younger looking because I’m sheltered from sun damage…and there’s always a moisturizing system close by
Don’t you agree?
Yesterday was warm, sunny and perfectly calm…so we all worked on the beach gardens…here are some pictures of the afternoon:
5 responses to “Cold, Rainy April Days”
RIGHT ! Too funny , save me some sea glass …
I have a handful…come and get it!
Yesterday was beautiful though. A good day for outdoor work. There were quite a few honey bees in the garden with us…I’ve never noticed them this early, if at all. They might be yours!
(Ted laughs!) It’s not that far across the bay! How far will they travel anyway?
Could have been…bees cover 10000 acres…each hive. Now we have two and our pussywillows were covered yesterday…come and visit.
I love your attitude got a lemon? Make lemonade